8 step process to successfully immigrate to Canada
The immigrants moving to Canada earn better pay for their hard work and have a better way of living. The country is a nation built from the immigrants. Canada has one of the most cost-effective immigration systems which welcome aspiring immigrants, where it tends to provide them with perks such as growth and development. Canada currently has four distinct categories for immigrants:
- Family class (related to Canadian residents living in Canada)
- Economic immigrants (business and skilled workers)
- Humanitarian and Others
1. Meet the eligibility criterion. You can use free tools available online to determine your eligibility criterion. This step usually takes 10 mins. You must check whether you are eligible to apply for the selected stream of immigrating to Canada.
2. Check you CRS score. Once you are eligible to apply, you can now figure out your Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS). Your CRS score is based on factors such as, age, education qualification, work experience, language proficiency and adaptability.
3. Get your ECA done. You must. An educational credential assessment is required to evaluate education in comparison to Canadian standards. The step usually takes 30-45 days.
4. Appear for the IELTS exam. You need to score at least 8-7-7-7 in listening, reading, writing and speaking respectively to qualify for immigrating to Canada. You must schedule your IELTS test date at least 30 days away, which can give you ample time to prepare for the same.
5. You must start gathering proof of sufficient funds, as the Canadian government requires you to have sufficient funds to manage your expenses when you initially arrive in Canada.
6. Create your Express Entry profile. Once you have received your IELTS and ECA reports, you can now create your Express Entry profile on IRCC approved Canada immigration websites. You can go through the guide provided by IRCC so as to better understand the norms of an Express Entry application form. Once you have submitted your profile, you will receive a conformation email along with a CRS score, after which you will be placed in the Express Entry pool. If your CRS score qualifies the cut-off, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) within 28-48 hours.
7. Now that you have received your ITA, all that’s left to do now is submit the documents required, within the assigned time limit. If you have followed all the steps to the point, you will receive your permanent residency confirmation, in no time. Here is a list of the major documents that are required.
- Police background check certificate.
- Work or study permit.
- Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Medical clearance certificate.
- Bank statements.
- Language proficiency examination results.
8. Submit the fee. This is the final step of your Canada PR process.
Here are major payments that are needed to be done.
- Application processing fee: INR 26,250 (CAD$ 550) per person.
- Right of permanent residence fee: INR 23,400 (CAD$ 490) per person.
- Dependent child: INR 7160 (CAD$ 150) per child.