Australia Permanent Resident Visa/ PR visa- Introduction
Australia is the land of opportunities. The growing economy of the country attracts many skilled immigrants every year. If you are someone who is willing to immigrate to the golden continent of Australia, then Permanent Resident Visa (PR visa) is the most suitable option for you.
Unlike rest of the visas, a Permanent resident visa allows you to move, stay, study, work and live in the country for a period of 5 years (extendable). After spending 5 years in the country, you can renew your permanent residency or else, you can apply for Citizenship of Australia after completing 3 consecutive years inside the boundaries of Australia.
Requirements of Australian Permanent Resident Visa
Australian Permanent Resident Visa is a point based system which mainly focuses on the potential of an individual. The point system evaluates the capability of an individual to perform in the economy by considering factors such as age, educational qualification, work experience and language proficiency.
To be eligible for Australian Permanent Resident Visa, an individual has to be ‘Skilled’ enough to score 60 points out of 100 on Australia’s point assessment grid based on the above mentioned factors of age, education, skills, etc.
An individual is called ‘Skilled’ if he/she satisfies the following requirements:
- Age not more than 45 years
- Work experience not less than 3 years (in any Job profile listed in Skilled Occupation List of Australia)
- Educational qualification not less than 3 years
- English language proficiency equivalent or greater than 7 IELTS bands
- Other Health and Character requirements met
Australia’s point assessment grid is also known as Australia Point Calculator. Using our professional Australia point calculator tool, you can get a close estimation of your PR score. Calculate your score here.
Benefits of Australian Permanent Resident Visa
The status of Australian Permanent Resident Visa comes with a bundle of perks! After gaining the PR status, you can liberally enjoy these rights and benefits:
- Right to be a legal civilian of the country
- Right to gain education/ study anywhere in the country
- Right to gain employment/work anywhere in the country
- Right to leave and re-enter to the country
- Right to have access to health facilities & schemes available to general public
- Right to apply for Citizenship after spending 3 consecutive years in the country
- Right to live, study and work in Australia
- Right to sponsor your relatives & friends in the country
Thus, a Permanent Resident Visa gives you a legal entitlement of a resident of the country.
One more benefit that the Government of Australia offers is the ‘Right of Citizenship’ for born child of a PR visa holder. This means that any child born in Australia to parents with the status of a Permanent Residence will be called a bona fide, lawful Citizen of Australia.
Required documents for Australian Permanent Resident Visa
While applying for Australian Permanent Resident Visa, the authorities may ask you details regarding your personal & financial situation at your home country. To validate this information, there is a series of documents that you need to submit. These documents are required for authentication and proof purpose of the information furnished by you.
It is therefore strictly recommended not to furnish any false information as it may result in permanent debar on you for entering the country.
Following documents are mandatory to be submitted to the authorities of Australian Immigration department:
- Your IELTS score card
- Age proof which may include Birth certificate, matriculate certificate, etc.
- Qualification certificates/ educational degrees
- Work experience certifications which may include experience letters on company’s letterhead, etc.
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from home country as well as from any other country where you have stayed for more than 6 months in a row
- Health Certification from prescribed panel of physicians
- Character Certification
- Marriage/ divorce certificate (if any)
- Certificate of nomination (if any)
- Other documents as and when required by authorities
For a complete checklist of documents, consult our Immigration Experts at 81308 18822 / 011-4039 1555 now!
Visa categories for Australian Permanent Residence Visa
Australian Permanent Residence visa offers various Sub-categories of Visas. Presently, only three sub-classes are actively inviting skilled individuals namely,
- Skilled Independent Visa 189 (Sub-class 189)
- State Nomination Visa 190 (Sub-class 190)
- Regional/ Provisional Visa 489 (Sub-class 489)
Skilled Independent Visa 189 (Sub-class 189):
Australia Skilled Independent Visa or 189 visa is a sub-class for skilled independent workers who are having appropriate age, educational qualification, work experience and English language skills. A Permanent Resident Visa through 189 sub-class need not require any nomination from state or relative and allows you to reside & work in the country for a period of 5 years. This sub-class requires 7 months’ time period to process.
State Nomination Visa 190 (Sub-class 190):
Australia State Nomination Visa or 190 visa is a sub-class for those who are willing to move to Australia permanently with the support of state nomination. In other words, Australia immigration through sub-class 190 requires you to mandatorily obtain a nomination from an Australia State. Such applicant must obtain a qualifying score of 65 in the skilled migration points test. This sub-class requires 7 months’ time period to process.
Regional/ Provisional Visa (Sub-class 489):
The Regional/ Provisional visa or Sub-class 489 visa is not a permanent resident visa but a provisional visa which allows you to come, stay and work in the country for a period of 4 years. Later, you can apply for a Permanent Resident Visa. To be eligible for this kind of visa, a candidate mandatorily need to have a relative living in Australia who must also be willing to sponsor him/her. Else, you can apply for state/region sponsorship. The Provisional Visa takes about a year to get processed.
Process to apply for Permanent Resident Visa
The procedure for obtaining a Permanent Residence Visa is really feasible with the help of a professional Immigration Consultant like Talent Connected Worldwide. An Immigration consultant works as your representative and takes care of every documentation and filing required to be done by the client.
Following is the process steps for applying to Australian Permanent Resident Visa:
- Bring together all the documents required to be submitted (mentioned above)
- Select which category of Visa is most suitable for you (Sub-class 189, 190 or 489)
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to immigration authority. An Expression of Interest is a formal way to let the authorities know that you are interested in migrating to the country
- Now SkillSelect will assess your EOI and evaluate your application. Further, it will give score on your credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience, language skills and other relevant factors
- To stand eligible, you are required to get 60 points out of 100 on the above mentioned credentials
- If your score and skill set interest authorities, they will revert to you by issuing an Invitation To Apply (ITA). ITA is an official invitation to the candidate to pay fee, comply with formalities and finally apply for Permanent Residence Visa.
Cost involved in applying for Australian Permanent Resident Visa
Australian Permanent Residence Visa is an economical way to permanently emigrate overseas. Following is the cost chart involved in the process for Australia Permanent Residence Visa:
- Assessment fee: 500$-800$ (varies with the assessment body)
- IELTS test fee: 12000 INR
- Permanent Residence fee (called PR fee)- Primary Applicant: $3600, Secondary Applicant: $1800 & Child Applicant: $900
- Visa label fee: $70
- Medical fee: 5000 - 9000 INR
These costs are in accordance with the current cost chart given by Australian immigration authorities. Any change anytime by the Australian Immigration as per the policies and regulations by the government can come in existence.
Realise your Australia Immigration Dream!- Contact Us
Talent Connected Worldwide is a professional immigration consultant helping immigration aspirants realise their dream. If your vision is settling down overseas permanently for a better future, growth and development then this is the right time to get started!