CANADA IMMIGRATION PROCESS FROM INDIA 2019?
Canada has always been a favourite destination for Indian families to settle. Canada is a popular country among North Indian Families owing to the fact that the very first person to permanently settle in Canada belonged to a Sikh Family. Since then, many Indians have landed on the Canadian soil.
Canada is the second largest country in the world with huge provinces and territories. It prominently enjoys a snowy season with limited months of summer suns. Ice hockey is the national sports and you will literally find anything and everything made out of Maple leaves!
A unique sense of country celebrations (both Indian and Non-Indian festivals are celebrated with pomp n show) and a decent standard of living makes Canada a perfect choice to inhabit.
Canada Immigration Benefits
The much desired status of Canada Permanent Resident comes with a bundle of perks! After gaining the PR status, you can liberally enjoy these rights and benefits in the country:
- Right to be a legal civilian of the country
- Right to gain education/ study anywhere in the country
- Right to gain employment/work anywhere in the country
- Right to leave and re-enter to the country
- Right to have access to health facilities & schemes available to general public
- Right to apply for Citizenship after spending 3 consecutive years in the country
- Right to move to Mexico under NAFTA agreement
- Right to sponsor your relatives & friends in the country (Manitoba)
Thus, a Permanent Resident Visa gives you a legal entitlement of a resident of the country. A Permanent Resident Visa is the first step towards gaining Citizenship of the country. A Citizen enjoys many other benefits in addition to the above mentioned ones. For example, Right to Vote and participate in government making decision.
Take your first step towards Canada Citizenship. Apply for Permanent Resident Visa now
Immigration to Canada is feasible through number of different programs for different classes of people. If you are a skilled individual looking for work opportunities in Canada, then Economic Class is suitable for you. Other options include Business immigration programs, Family Sponsorships, etc.
First and most popular one is called Express Entry System. Express Entry Program took birth in the year 2015. The program was introduced by Canada so that a more systematic way of immigration could be worked upon. Before introduction of the Express Entry System, there used to be delayed visas, more processing time and first-come-first-served basis of selection. However, with the popular move of bringing Express Entry into picture, processing time has been cut down to 6-8 months. Moreover, candidates are now selected on the basis of a point system rather than on first-come-first-served basis.
Federal Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who are having relevant age, educational qualification, work experience and language skills to come and work in Canada and contribute towards development of the Canadian economy.
Federal Skilled Trades Program is for semi-skilled/unskilled workers with basic education, experience and language skills. To apply for this program, the candidate must have a valid Job offer letter from an employer operating firm inside Canada.
Canadian Experience Class on the other hand, is for those individuals who are having a prior experience in Canada, say while on a Work permit or any other temporary visa.
The other system through which Canadian immigration authorities invite skilled workforce in the country is Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs). These programs are offered by different provinces of Canada. Each provincial program has its own set of requirements and Occupation list. To be eligible to immigrate to Canada through a Provincial Nomination Program, your Job profile has to be there in the current occupation list of that particular province. Alongside, you must meet other eligible criteria laid down by that particular province.
- Ontario Provincial Nomination Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program
- Alberta Provincial Nomination Program
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination Program
- Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program
- Quebec Provincial Nomination Program
- Prince Edward Provincial Nomination Program
- New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Program
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nomination Program
Get in touch with TCWW and know your eligibility for each of the above mentioned programs. Ring at 011 4004 0850 (NP) / 011-4039 1555 (CP) or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The basic eligibility criteria laid down by Canadian Immigration Authority is:
- Age: Must not be more than 47 years
- Educational Qualification: Must not be less than 3 years (say Bachelors’) from a recognised university/ institution
- Work experience: Must not be less than 12 months in any skilled occupation listed in the occupation list of Canada
- Language ability: Must not be less than 7 bands in each module of general training IELTS examination
These credentials must be able to get you 67 points out of 100 on Canada’s Point assessment grid.
Note that 67 points is the minimum eligibility score. To have a better chance of selection from the pool of candidates, you must try to score as much as you can.
Other laid down requirements are submission of the following documents to immigration authority of Canada:
- IELTS result sheet
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report by relevant authorised body
- Medical test report by authorised panel of physicians’
- Character certification
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from home country or any other country where you have lived for a period exceeding 6 months
- Job offer letter from Canada (if any)
- Provincial Nomination Certificate (if any)
- Educational qualification proof- degree(s), marksheet(s), etc.
- Work experience/ Job training certification on Company’s letterhead
- Age proof such as Birth Certificate
- Intro pages of Passport(s)
- Other documents as and when required by the authorities
To get a complete Document Checklist Kit, ring us at 011 4004 0850 / 011-4039 1555 or write to us at email@example.com
The below mentioned steps will give you an overview on how to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa:
ECA stands for Educational Credential Assessment. The purpose of getting ECA done is to know your education’s equivalency to that with Canadian standards. There are different assessing bodies in Canada which assesses your educational degrees depending on the field of study.
IELTS (International English Language Testing Standards) is a language proficiency test. Canadian authorities mandatorily require a language test to know your English language ability w.r.t Speaking, Writing, Reading & Listening. Make sure you score more than CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 8 to be eligible for the next step.
To excel in your IELTS, get professional assistance and study material kit from Talent Connected World Wide.
Filling Express Entry application is an online process. You can file your Express Entry under any of these three streams- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
FSWP is a stream for highly skilled professionals whereas FSTP is for trade personnel (semi-skilled/unskilled labourers). CEC stream is for those candidates who are having a prior experience in Canada or with Canadian firm operating inside Canada.
Know more about Express Entry Streams
A CRS score intakes your credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience, English French language ability, etc. and gives out points accordingly. Maximum points you can earn on your credentials are:
You can apply for a Provincial Nomination Program if you are willing to reside and work in a particular province of Canada. If you manage to get a nomination, then extra CRS of 600 points will be awarded to you. Consequently, your chances of selection for Canada Permanent Residence visa increases.
After submitting your Express Entry Profile, you will reach the Express Entry pool. The pool consists of all other applicants like you who aspire to get a PR visa to Canada. CIC conducts regular draws (every fortnight) and invites applicants from the pool with highest scores.
After being selected from the pool, CIC will issue you an Invitation To Apply (ITA). ITA is a key to the final door of Canada PR visa! Within 60 days post receiving ITA, comply with documentation and get your Permanent Residence Visa to Canada!
A Permanent Resident Visa is valid for a period of 5 years after which it can be renewed. One can also apply for Citizenship of Canada after getting Permanent Resident Status! To become a lawful citizen of Canada, you first need to apply for Permanent Resident Visa. It is only after spending 3 consecutive years in the country; one is able to apply for Citizenship Test.
Note that Permanent Residency/ PR visa is the only way out to be a Citizen of Canada.
Canada Immigration is a point based system. The system has been designed to sort the best immigration applicants from the rest and allow for entry of the most qualified individuals without any biases. To be eligible to apply for migration to the maple leaf country called Canada, the applicant must have at least 67 points out of 100 on Canada’s point calculator.
Calculate your PR score using Canada’s Point Calculator tool
These points are awarded on personal credentials of an individual namely age, educational & work experiences, language proficiency, etc. under Canada’s PR point system. The PR point system is your first benchmark for determining your chances of successfully moving to Canada and starting a new life. The maximum score an individual is capable of scoring in each credential is:
English language is essential credential that you have to master in. You can also gain extra points on learning French language. Canada is a bi-lingual country with both English & French as its official languages (English being the first official language and French being the second official language).
Education factor earns points for you as Canada only welcomes educated working class in the country who can perform and contribute positively in the Canadian economy. More your educational qualification, more points will be awarded to you.
Your work experience speaks of your skills & expertise. A decent amount of work experience means an individual is among highly trained personnel and is ready to face work challenges and practical business hurdles. This factor is vital because with a good quality of work experience you may bag a Job offer in Canada pretty soon & earn extra CRS points (see next point).
An approved Job offer from Canada gives you an edge over rest of the applicants. You earn extra 10 points for arranged employment in the country. An arranged employment communicates of your independency in Canada. To claim these points, make sure that the Job offer is an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) approved one.
Additional sum of 10 points will be allotted to you under certain cases. For instance, if you are having a relative or friend living in Canada and such relative/friend is ready to sponsor you. French Language proficiency, Spouse Skills & Language abilities are other such examples where you get to earn extra adaptability points.
The processing of your Canada Immigration begins when IRCC receives your visa application. Usually, it takes 6-8 months to process you PR visa application. Any delay in processing time is subject to following situations:
- Heavy backlogs of applications
- Complication in your visa application/ missing information in your application
- Additional requirement (of documents, etc.) by CIC
For faster processing of your PR visa, take professional consultation from TCWW.
The procedure for obtaining a Permanent Residence Visa is really feasible with the help of a professional Immigration Consultant like Talent Connected Worldwide. An Immigration consultant works as your representative and takes care of every documentation and filing required to be done by the client.
- Bring together all the documents required to be submitted (mentioned above)
- Select which category of Visa is most suitable for you (FSWP, FSTP, CEC, PNP, etc.)
- File your Express Entry online. The system will ask you a series of questions regarding your credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience and language skills.
- Now Canada Immigration authority will evaluate your application. Further, it will give score on your credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience, language skills and other relevant factors.
- To stand eligible, you are required to get 67 points out of 100 on the above mentioned credentials. Your Express Entry Profile will then land into Express Entry pool.
- CIC conducts regular draws (once in every 15 days) and sends invitations to candidates within cut-off limit drawn by the authority. If selected, an Invitation To Apply (ITA) will be send out to you. ITA is an official invitation to the candidate to pay fee, comply with formalities and finally apply for Permanent Residence Visa.
Talent Connected Worldwide has been working in the immigration industry since 2010. Our success rate speaks for our dedication and honest dealings with our valuable clientele.
Our team of experts are trained to deliver you the best. They are led by Ms. Rachal Sidhu who is an ICCRC accredited lawyer with many years of industry experience and complete knowledge of Canada immigration laws. To know more about Canada Permanent Resident Visa, get in touch with our Immigration Executives at for 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) Toll Free: 18001218299 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.