Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program Points Requirements 2019
Canada Immigration is largely based on welcoming skilled individuals in the country so that they can contribute positively in the development of Canadian economy. The skilled workers in turn can earn better and grow on their career ladder.
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is an immigration program that selects young candidates based on their proficiency in terms of education, experience and language skills. Majority of immigrants settle in Canada through this category of program. Thus, it can be called a golden pathway to immigrate to your dream country-CANADA!
To be eligible for FSWP, a set of eligibility criteria is to be met. These eligibility requirements are:
- A candidate is required to have at least 12 months of work experience as full-time, paid and permanent in a NOC listed occupation in the past 10 years.
- A candidate’s occupation must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level 1 (Professional Occupations) or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades).
- A candidate must obtain minimum 67 points out of 100 on skill assessment grid of Canada.
- A candidate need to have a full time job offer letter from Canadian employer and qualify with Labour Market Impact Assessment
- A candidate must attain language proficiency score to the Canadian Language Benchmark of 7 in English.
- A candidate is also required to have sufficient funds to settle in Canada.
If you want to apply as a skilled worker and want to establish yourself as a Permanent in Canada, you need to apply by following the below mentioned steps for FSW:
- Create an Express Entry profile
- Your Express Entry profile will be ranked on Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- Score high or improve your score and Canada will send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent resident of Canada.
- Meet the health and character requirements, along with other security checks and submit an application for approval to Canada immigration authority.
- A visa officer will then review your profile and approve it.
- Wait for Express Entry Draw and ultimately for Invitation To Apply (ITA).
- Pay the permanent residency fee and request for your passport.
The applicant must attain a minimum point score of 67 out of 100 to be eligible for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Below is the list of selection factors and the points allocated for it.
|18 to 35||12 points|
|47 or more||0 points|
There are two official languages for Federal Skilled Worker Program. A candidate can obtain maximum 24 points for English language and remaining 4 under French language factor.
A candidate is required to must prove his/her English language proficiency in each 4 language abilities i.e. Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
|Doctoral level||25 Points|
|Master’s level or professional degree||23 Points|
|Two or more post-secondary credentials, one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential||22 Points|
|Three-year or longer post-secondary credential||21 Points|
|Two-year post-secondary credential||19 Points|
|One-year post-secondary credential||15 Points|
|Secondary school||5 Points|
|Secondary school not completed||0 Points|
Experience in years
|Six years or more||15 points|
|Four years||13 points|
|Two years||11 points|
|One year||9 points|
This factor is not mandatory. However, Arranged Employment provides the Federal Skilled Worker applicant with up to an additional 10 points.
|You have a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, approved by the HRSDC||10 points|
|You have a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, without the necessity of HRSDC approval, if you are employed in Canada by the same employer||10 points|
|Principal Applicant Previous Work in Canada (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B)||10 points|
|Accompanying Spouse/Partner Previous Work in Canada||5 points|
|Principal Applicant Previous Study in Canada||5 points|
|Accompanying Spouse/Partner Previous Study in Canada||5 points|
|Arranged Employment||5 points|
|Relative in Canada 18 years or over (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew) who is residing in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.||5 points|
|Accompanying spouse/partner’s official language (CLB/NCLC 4)||5 points|
You need to show minimum required funds to CIC while applying for FSW to financially support yourself and your family in a new country. The funds depend on the number of family members you are bringing them along with you.
Number of family member
|7 or more||$32,191|
Processing Cost for Federal Skilled Worker Program:
Federal Skilled Worker Application Processing Fee
Federal Skilled Worker Right of Permanent Resident Fee
Principal Applicant – $490
Spouse – $490
Children – No Fee
After the complete submission of application from applicant’s end, the processing time will begin.
Generally, FSWP applications are being processed in 6 months or lesser. However, there may be delay due to unavoidable circumstances such as backlogs of applications, wrong information in your application, etc.
For faster processing of your visa, take professional consultation from TCWW now!
Canada has a list called NOC (National Occupation Code) list which has all those jobs listed which are facing labour shortages in the economy. If you are applying for permanent resident for Canada, then your occupation must be skill type O, A, B as per the National Occupation Classification (NOC). We advise you to talk to our immigration expert today to know if your Job profile is listed or not.
If Canada Immigration is your dream, realise it now with TCWW! Talent Connected Worldwide has been working in the immigration industry since 2010. Our success rate speaks for our dedication and honest dealings with our valuable clientele.
Our team of experts are trained to deliver you the best. They are led by Ms. Rachal Sidhu who is an ICCRC accredited lawyer with many years of industry experience and complete knowledge of Canada immigration laws. To know more about Canada Permanent Resident Visa, get in touch with our Immigration Executives at for 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) Toll Free: 18001218299 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.