Canada Provincial Nomination Program
Canada- the maple leaf country- is an excellent economy offering great opportunities to skilled individuals. It offers you a great environment to flourish in both professional and personal sphere. Canada is the second largest country in the world with huge provinces and territories each with their own provincial programs to let skilled immigrants come, work and settle there permanently. Let us now introduce what a Provincial Nomination Program is.
Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) are immigration programs offered by different provinces of Canada in order to invite skilled individual and meet the labour shortages of the province.
There are 10 Provincial Nomination Programs against 10 provinces of Canada. Each provincial program has its own set of requirements and Occupation list. To be eligible to immigrate to Canada through a Provincial Nomination Program, your Job profile has to be there in the current occupation list of that particular province.
Alongside, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be greater than 21 years of age
- Score at least the given minimum on the point assessment grid of that particular province you are applying to
- Your job must lie in the NOC (National Occupation Code) list of that province
- You should have required work experience in the relevant profession
- You should have sufficient language proficiency according to CLB and other requirements as laid down by the province
Following are the 10 Provincial Nomination Programs of Canada:
- Ontario Provincial Nomination Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program
- Quebec Provincial Nomination Program
- Alberta Provincial Nomination Program
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination Program
- Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program
- Prince Edward Provincial Nomination Program
- New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Program
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nomination Program
Applying for Permanent Resident Visa via Provincial Nominations has following benefit for the applicant:
- You can opt for any province to settle in Canada as per your own desires
- You can apply for most of the Provincial Nomination Programs without having a job offer in hand
- You will be able to get additional points depending on your subject of training
- You will be able to get nomination directly from the province instead of waiting for federal selection among pool of candidates
- You can also avail various provincial benefits after landing in the province
- Other PR visa benefits such as: Live in Canada for indefinite time, Study and work anywhere in the province, Enrol in Canadian healthcare system, Get protection under Canadian law, Sponsor your partner/spouse, child, parents and other relatives and eventually apply for Canadian citizenship!
During the processing of your Canada Permanent Residence Visa through PNP, following documents are required to be submitted to the province:
- IELTS result sheet
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report by relevant authorised body
- Medical test report by authorised panel of physicians’
- Character certification
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from home country or any other country where you have lived for a period exceeding 6 months
- Job offer letter from Canada (if any)
- Provincial Nomination Certificate
- Educational qualification proof- degree(s), marksheet(s), etc.
- Work experience/ Job training certification on Company’s letterhead
- Age proof such as Birth Certificate
- Intro pages of Passport(s)
- Passport size recent photographs
- Other documents as and when required by the authorities
To get a complete Document Checklist Kit, ring us at 81308 18822 / 011-4039 1555 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying to permanent residence visa through Provincial Programs requires you to bear a fee amount for processing your application. Different provinces charge different fee amount. However, a standard fee of CAD $550 is chargeable as a Nomination fee (Except Ontario which charges $1200). This same amount is charged for your Permanent Resident application ($550), a sum of $250 for medical, and for the Right of Permanent Residency fee, the amount is CAN$ 490. In case of the Interim visa you will be charged CAN$ 190 per visa.
To apply for Provincial Nomination Program, there are two routes available. The First one is through the Federal System Express Entry and the other one is applying to the province directly.
Apply To PNP through Express Entry: Canada’s provinces are having many Express Entry aligned programs where a candidate needs to have an active Express Entry Profile to be able to apply for Provincial Nomination Program. In this case, a province will give you a nomination if your score permits.
Apply to Provincial Nomination Program directly: You can also apply to a particular PNP directly as and when their quota opens. You need to keep a regular eye as the quota generally reaches its intake limit within no time. It is therefore better to handover processing of your application to a professional and highly versatile immigration consultant like TCWW.
The direct application to the province has the following steps involved:
- Select a Provincial Nomination Program
- Fulfil the eligibility criteria and apply directly by visiting the province’s website
- Get selected/nominated from that province
- Receive a Nomination letter
- Claim 600 additional Comprehensive Score
- Wait for the federal draw to select and send ITA to you
Provincial Nomination Program Processing Time from India
The processing of your PNP application begins when you apply for that particular PNP either directly or indirectly (through Express Entry). Usually, it takes 6-8 months to process you PR visa application. Any delay in processing time is subject to following situations:
- Heavy backlogs of applications
- Complication in your visa application/ missing information in your application
- Additional requirement (of documents, etc.) by the province
For faster processing of your PR visa, it is imperative to take a professional consultation from TCWW. Contact us now and get your first counselling session FREE!
TCWW is a professional ICCRC-accredited Canada immigration consultancy headquartered in Ontario. We have over 7 years of working experience and have placed more than 6000 applicants in this time span.
The foremost reason behind our success is the professional Canada immigration experts we employ. Further, they are led by Ms. Rachal Sidhu who is an ICCRC accredited lawyer with many years of industry experience and complete knowledge of Canada immigration laws.