Ontario PNP Requirements 2018
Ontario is probably one of the most well-known provinces in Canada. It is by far the most populous with more than 40% of Canada’s population residing in it. That is why OINP or Ontario Immigration Nomination Program is also the most popular among all others.
Because Ontario is such a national hub for all kinds of business, there are plenty of job opportunities. This not only means Ontario is most often the preferred immigration destination but also that it has a big ITA quota allotted each year to fill up vacant positions.
The Ontario Immigration Nomination Program offers multiple streams to immigration applicants based on their job type. So, there is a separate category for students, skilled worker, and entrepreneurs each. Out of these, Indians apply through the skilled worker category the most.
Despite this well-defined process, applying for OINP is not easy. You need to know the right stream and submit the right documents for selection. Even then, the competition is very high and not getting selected is a real possibility.
That is why the smartest Canada PR visa hopefuls seek consultation for us, Talent Connected Worldwide. But before we tell you how we can help you make your Canada immigration dream come true, let us tell you about OINP itself.
What Are the Major Streams for Immigration in OINP?
The Ontario Immigration Nomination Program has many streams on offer. Here are the biggest ones:
- Ontario Express Entry
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
- General Category (Employer Category)
- Foreign Workers with a Job Offer Stream
- International Student Category
- International Students with a Job Offer Stream
- International Students - Masters Graduate Stream
- International Students - Ph.D. Graduate Stream
- Business Category
- Entrepreneur Stream
- Corporate Stream
Which Stream Should You Choose as a Working Professional?
Broadly speaking, there are two ways skilled workers can get selected for OINP. The first requires you to have a valid job offer from an Ontario employer. The second requires you to have the right set of skills that are currently in demand in Ontario. To understand if your profession and/or skills are in demand in Ontario, check out the national Occupations Classification (NOC) list for the province.
Finding a job and understand if your occupation is in-demand is a complicated process. So, you should contact our Canada immigration experts at Talent Connected Worldwide. We will help you clearly understand your immigration chances and also show you a well-defined immigration application and selection process.
Now, let us tell you how you can determine if you are eligible for OINP on your own.
What Are the Overall Eligibility Requirements for an OINP Application?
Ontario is one of the better-known provinces of Canada. So, it has a fairly high eligibility criterion which is very close to that of the national Express Entry standard. This standard is roughly the same across all OINP streams. For a better understanding of the requirements for your chosen stream, speak to our expert consultants. The general eligibility requirements are:
- Applicant needs to have a fulltime job offer in any NOC category – 0, A or B. The employer must also submit immigration documents for the applicant from their end.
- Applicant needs to have the required minimum educational qualification for their job.
- Applicant must score at least a band 7 in IELTS and CLB language ability exam.
- Applicant must have at least 1 year of working experience or more, as defined by the employer.
- Applicant must intend to live in Ontario should be able to demonstrate the same.
- Finally, the applicant needs to have minimum CRS score of 400. This score must also remain consistent throughout the application processing, selecting and immigrating phases.
Can I Apply for OINP Without a Job Offer?
Yes, it is possible to apply and get selected for OINP even without a job offer. However, this requires you to have a lot of education, expertise as well as experience. All of these factors together will help you get selected. But like we said, this is quite difficult.
The better option is to use the Express Entry job pool to find a suitable job. This pool contains many registered companies and employers in Ontario. If you are able to get a job offer from such employers, then your immigration application will get a significant boost.
Another option is to use our job placement services. Talent Connected Worldwide is headquartered in Ontario and we have a very expansive network of connections. If you have the right skills and education, we can help you get the perfect job and boost your OINP application.
How Does OINP Calculate Points and How Can I Improve My Score?
The OINP point calculation system is based on the one used in Express Entry. It takes into consideration a number of factors when scoring candidates. Here are the biggest factors that it will look at in your application.
- Age (12 points max)
- Language Ability (28 points max)
- Education (25 points max)
- Work Experience (15 points max)
- Arranged Employment (10 points max)
- Adaptability (10 points max)
Now, based on the above factors, your profile will be given a score. This score will ultimately decide if you will get selected for OINP. There is no clear way of saying how you should improve your profile. This depends entirely on your particular case. So, you should contact us at Talent Connected Worldwide to know the same.
However, there are some general things that you can do to improve your score. Here they are:
- Check Your Stream
There are minor differences in each OINP stream. You should apply only through the one that maximizes your profile score. This will help you get selected quickly. Express Entry OINP is the best for people with job offers. Human Capital Priorities or HCP is best for people with skills in the in-demand jobs as per the NOC.
- Check Before You Apply
The eligibility requirements are subject to change without due notice. So, you really need to check them before you apply. This will help ensure you are making a valid application and not just wasting your time. In case, you fall short in any category, you should see how to improve your score in it. For example, if your IELTS score is 5 or 6, you can retake the exam and get it above 7.
- Check the Process
You should be completely thorough with the application, selection and immigration process. Go to the OINP website and learn all of that. You will be able to make the application based on this information. However, you should also keep a close eye on any changes to ensure it does not negatively affect your application.
So, as you can see, the OINP application process can be very complicated. Naturally, most people who seriously want to move to Canada opt to get a professional consultation. Let us tell you how Talent Connected Worldwide can help you achieve your Canada immigration dream.
How Can TCWW Help You Get Selected for OINP?
Talent Connected Worldwide has a very detailed immigration evaluation process. This guarantees the best chance of immigrating to Canada. Let us tell you a bit about the process.
- The first step involves our consultants having a discussion with the client and asking for their relevant documents. We also ask for an evaluation fee which is refunded in case we feel we cannot help you.
- Our team of experienced Canada immigration consultants takes a detailed look at your documents and creates a CRS score based on that. This helps us understand your immigration chances and how we can improve them.
- A detailed consultation is held after the document evaluation. Here, clients are given a complete immigration plan. If they agree, we create contracts and all parties sign them.
- Once all the formal paperwork is done, we get to creating the client’s profile in both Express Entry and OINP. We keep a close eye on all relevant policies of the CIC and ensure our client can get the best out of them. If necessary, we also help clients secure a job in Ontario. Usually, most of our OINP applicant clients get their nomination between 7 to 9 months.
- After they get the nomination, we prepare them for the next draw by explaining the entire immigration process thereafter. So, when the next Express Entry Draws are held our client know what to do as soon as they get the ITA. We help them get the Canada PR visa and all documents needed to immigrate.
Why Choose Talent Connected Worldwide?
Talent Connected is one of the most respected Canada immigration consultancies in India. We have helped over 6000 clients move to Canada in just 7 years. This makes us one of the most success Canada immigration agencies in India as well.
Our success is mainly due to our dedicated working process, qualified and experienced consultants and knowledgeable leaders. Our director Ms, Rachal Sidhu is an ICCRC accredited immigration lawyer with many years of experience and amazing knowledge.
If you want to make your Canada immigration dream come true, then Talent Connected Worldwide is the consultancy you should choose.Contact us today!