As you must be aware that Canada has a systematic process to follow before it gives permission to any candidate to enter the country. One of these mandatory conditions is called Medical Certifications/ examinations of the candidate and all family members of the Candidate.
This medical examination as made mandatory by CIC is to ensure that you are a healthy individual with sound mind and body, not carrying any type of serious disease which is communicable in nature or could be lethal for population of Canada in terms of spread and threat to one’s life.
Canadian government need to take medical tests so that it can be established that you are not a hazard (medically) in the country and is fit to come, work and contribute towards economy-making of the country.
The list of medical exams as asked by CIC generally involves:
- a) Blood tests
- b) Urine tests
- c) X-rays
Your medical certifications are valid for a period of 1 year. So you must fly to Canada before expiry of your medical tests. In case, you fail to get your PR visa before expiry of the medicals, then you have to re-appear for the series of tests.
Following are the important things to bear in mind while getting your medicals done:
1) Provide your medical examiner with all the right information regarding your history of health issues, any long-term disease in the past, etc. Also openly discuss any ongoing health problem prior to commencement of your health examinations.
3) Pregnant applicants need not undergo X-ray tests as it may be risky for heath of foetus as well as the mother. In this case, both mother and the child (after birth) need to undergo same series of X-ray tests in Canada.
4) All medical tests must be performed post getting approvals from doctors under the seal of IRCC. These approved physicians are listed under ‘Designated Panel Physicians’ available on IRCC’s website.
5) If you have taken medical examinations for any temporary visa to Canada then don’t think those are useable for permanent visa. To immigrate to Canada on a Permanent Resident Visa, you mandatorily need to re-take all required tests for grant of entry permission to Canada on your PR visa.
6) Medical examination results requires a time of about 3 months for preparing reports. Make sure to apply in advance so that by the time your PR visa arrives, your medical reports are well prepared.
7) Another vital side of medicals is that all the accompanying/ family members of the applicant need to take the medical examinations. This means that along with Primary applicant, his/her family members too need to show that they are perfectly disease free.
Need help for your medicals? Contact us.
Talent Connected Worldwide is a professional consultation firm with years of working in Immigration Industry. We have successful case studies of over 6,000 applicants now happily settled in Canada with their families!