Need for French Speaking Workers in Canada, says IRCC Minister


To increase the number of Francophones in Canada outside the province of Quebec, Canada is looking for more such immigrants. Marc Miller, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada, said that Canada will be increasing immigration targets for Francophones. So, if you are looking to get Canada PR as a French speaking worker in Canada, this may be right time for you. 

Interesting to Read: Is PTE accepted for Canada PR?

Calling more French speaking workers in Canada 

The IRCC Minister, Marc Miller, has announced that there’s a greater need for French speaking workers in Canada. And to tackle this matter, Canada will simply be increasing immigration targets for Francophones. Recently, Marc Miller tweeted that Ottawa is planning on increasing immigration targets. 

Download Free Immigration and PR Guide PDF

The immigration targets for French speaking immigrants are already on the rise with the arrival of new changes in Express Entry draws. The newly launched Category-based Express Entry has a total of six categories which are currently in high demand of workers. 

When category-based Express Entry draws are conducted, eligible candidates receive invitations to apply based on these categories. Out of the six categories, one is French-language Proficiency. Under this category, candidates with high French language proficiency receive invitations to apply for Canada PR.  

Immigration Pathways for Francophone Immigrants in Canada

Some ways to work in Canada as a French speaking worker are:

  • Immigration via Express Entry: If you know French and English, you will receive more CRS points. Thus increasing your chances of getting Canada PR through Express Entry. 
  • Choose International Experience Canada: In case your age is between 18 to 35 years, you may apply for an open work permit through the International Experience Canada (IEC). This work permit will not only allow you to work for any employer in Canada but also allow you to travel in Canada for 2 years. 
  • Get a Francophone Mobility Work Permit: With a Francophone Mobility Work Permit, a French speaking worker can gain valuable Canadian work experience. Canadian employers are then able to hire them without an LMIA, if the immigrant meets eligibility requirements. 
  • Look for Provincial/Territorial Nominee Programs: There are various provincial and territorial nominee programs that are designed for French speaking workers especially. If you are interested in immigrating to a particular province/territory, check out their PNP streams for Francophones. 

Know Now: Best Canada PR Consultant Near Me

Don’t forget to fill the form below to get some insights and advice from our experts! 

Niyati Chaurasia

Niyati Chaurasia

Niyati’s specialty lies in Canadian immigration matters along with crafting helpful, user-oriented content.

Articles: 684

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *