SINP Agriculture Worker With Existing Work Permit


The SINP Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit nominates applicants exclusively from the agricultural sector. Just like the SINP International Skilled Worker with Existing Work permit, the applicant must have a valid work permit in order to be eligible for this pathway. 

Eligibility Requirements for Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit

The Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit is a pathway of the Saskatchewan Work Experience Category. This means that having a prior Saskatchewan work experience is mandatory for this pathway. Moreover, you must ensure that you meet all the requirements listed below.

Eligibility factorsEligibility requirements
Work ExperienceYou must have worked for at least 6 months or 780 hours in Saskatchewan. This work experience must be paid, continuous and full-time. Additionally, the work should be for a valid employer who provides you with a SINP Job Approval Letter (JAL). You should gain this work experience on a valid work permit. 
Job OfferThe employer you are already working for must offer you a permanent and full-time job offer. This job offer must belong to the following NOC codes:
– NOC 85100 – Livestock labourers
– NOC 85101 – Harvesting labourers
– NOC 84120 – Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators 
– NOC 85103 – Nursery and Greenhouse labourers
Job Approval LetterAlong with the job offer, your employer must also provide you with the Job Approval Letter. The JAL is acquired by the employer from the SINP. It authorizes them to hire a foreign skilled worker.
Work PermitAs the name indicates, Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit mandates a valid work permit. Your work permit can be for:
– Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program
– Temporary Foreign Worker Program
– International Experience Canada
– The Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel
EducationYou must have at least completed high-school. Since 6th January 2023, Educational Credential Assessment or ECA is no longer mandatory for semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Worker Pathway
Language ProficiencySince the occupations eligible for this pathway belong to TEER 4 and 5 level, you are mandated to submit your language tests score. Score at least CLB 4 in your language test to be eligible to apply. 

Note: If you are working on a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), you are not eligible to apply for the SINP Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit pathway. 

Application Process

Applying to the Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit includes the following steps.

  1. Create an account on SINP OASIS or Online Application System
  1. Determine your SINP category by completing the eligibility questionnaire.
  1. You will be assigned the Saskatchewan Experience category for Foreign Workers with an existing Work Permit pathway. 
  2. The application will include 2 parts. Submit information and upload documents required for the 12 sections in the first part of the application. These sections are about:
  • Personal information such as birth place, country, education, and the NOC code of your job offer
  • Your citizenship
  • Information about your birth documents
  • Passport
  • Marital status
  • Academic section. This will include the country where you completed your academic course, the start and the end dates, institution, and course speciality.
  • Work Experience 
  • Language proficiency
  1. Complete and submit the SINP application. 
  2. Your application will undergo pre-screening to verify that it is complete
  3. The SINP will further critically assess your application for eligibility and suitability for becoming the Saskatchewan provincial nominee.
  4. Once approved, the SINP will email you a SINP Nomination Approval Letter and further instructions to apply for Canada PR to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
  5. Apply to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for Canada PR within 180 days or 6 months of getting provincial nomination by the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.

Documents Required for the Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit 

As discussed in the section above, you will be required to upload documents while completing your SINP application. Although a complete list of paperwork might vary according to your particular profile, below are the mandatory documents you will need to upload in every case.

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Temporary Work Permit issued by IRCC
  • SINP Job Approval Letter
  • Experience letter from your recruiter that states:
    • Designation
    • Start and end of working
    • Tenure of work
    • Job role and duties
    • Number of working hours
  • Copy of payslips
  • Job Offer issued on the official letterhead that is addressed to the principal applicant and includes:
    • Job Title and description
    • Salary
    • Complete contact details and address of the company
    • Signature of the employer
  • Language Proficiency tests not older than 2 years. SINP accepts TEF and TCF for French tests, and CELPIP and IELTS for English language tests.
  • Saskatchewan Health card or driver’s license to show that you are currently living in the province.

Processing time and fee 

You will not need to pay any application fee while submitting your application as the semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit. However this does not include the expenditure of taking the language test, and any other supplementary requirements. 

The processing time for Saskatchewan Agriculture Worker with an Existing work permit is 1 week. Ensure that you submit a completed application to avoid any delay in the processing of your application.

It is highly likely that by the year 2029 the province of Saskatchewan will lose 41% of the labour force in the agricultural sector due to retirement and aging. Additionally, around 12300 vacancies will remain unfilled. This indicates that the province is and will continue to be in critical need of foreign skilled workers in the agricultural sector. Thus, the  SINP Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit pathway is a great option if you aim to settle in Canada and work in one of the eligible agricultural NOC codes.

Don’t forget to fill the form below to get some insights and advice from our experts! 

Athena Campbell

Athena Campbell

Articles: 88

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *