How to Get PR in Canada After 2 Year Study? Know Here!

How to Get PR in Canada After 2 Year Study? Know Here!

In case you are looking for how to get PR in Canada after 2 year study, you have stumbled upon the right article for you! The first way would be to apply for a Canadian work visa so you could start working in the country and then apply for a PR after a few years. 

Another way would be to take advantage of provincial immigration programs that invite candidates regularly and grant them permanent residency. And then there’s the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) or gaining residency via CEC, PEQ or QSW. 

Let’s explore these ways below! 

Know Now: 2172 NOC Code

How to Get PR in Canada After a 2 Year Study? 

Canada is one of the best places for various reasons. The country offers great educational opportunities, awesome work benefits and wonderful living conditions. These reasons lead thousands and thousands of people from all over the world to live in Canada. Among these are also students who are looking to become permanent residents in Canada after they have completed their studies. So, we bring you this article that will talk about what are the ways one can become a permanent resident in Canada after studies.

Download Free Immigration and PR Guide PDF

1. Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) 

If an international student completed their studies from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) then they can apply for an open work permit through the PGWP. The PGWP grants foreign students to gain work experience in Canada and since it helps in obtaining an open work permit, the students are free to work for any employer for around 3 years. 

Once a student has enough Canadian work experience, it would raise their CRS score, further increasing their chances of gaining Canadian PR. 

2. Provincial Nominee Program 

If an international student wants to settle down in a particular province or territory, they can do so using the Provincial Nominee Program or PNP. Since the eligibility criteria of the PNP change according to the province or territory, it is obvious that the student has to look for each province’s requirements. 

In case, the student has already some kind of connection with a Canadian territory or province, their chances of gaining residency there increase. 

3. Canadian Experience Class 

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) comes under the Express Entry and, so, it naturally uses the CRS score to rank candidates. The higher the CRS score, the more the chances of immigrating to Canada via CEC. To be eligible for CEC, a candidate must have at least 12 months of work experience in Canada. 

A student can first apply for a PGWP to gain Canadian work experience, then they can apply for CEC to immigrate to Canada and get PR. 

4. Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW)

Quebec offers international students to get Canada PR more easily. A student can immigrate to Quebec using Quebec Skilled Worker if they have finished their studies in Quebec or are about to in the upcoming 6 months. 

Though the students don’t need to prove their French language skills, they still have to meet the eligibility requirements. 

5. Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)

PEQ is available to those students who studied in an institution in Quebec or will complete their course in the next 6 months. Since Quebec is all about French language proficiency, it is obvious that the student must have excellent French speaking skills to be eligible for the Quebec Experience Program. 

Which Documents are Required for Canada PR?

We have prepared a list of important documents that you would require if you want to get Canada PR. Do take a look! 

  • A candidate needs to have a valid passport to start with. 
  • They need to show they have enough funds. Give proof of funds. 
  • Educational qualifications need to be proved as well. 
  • The candidate should prove their work experience. 
  • If there’s any dependent family member, show their proof too. 
  • You need to show a police clearance certificate. 
  • Recent photographs are needed too. 
  • Give medical certificates. 
  • Submit copies of fee receipts. 

Must Know: NOC code 2173

Don’t forget to fill the form below to get some insights and advice from our experts! 

Niyati Chaurasia

Niyati Chaurasia

Niyati’s specialty lies in Canadian immigration matters along with crafting helpful, user-oriented content.

Articles: 709

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *