Immigrating to Canada is a dream to many. Thousands of skilled people year after year are being invited by the country to come and stay permanently. However, to be eligible to move to Canada, one has to have minimum language ability. Canada is a bi-lingual country with both English Speaking and French Speaking population strata. Thus immigrating to Canada means having a strong hold on these two official languages. In other words, one of the mandatory steps in the direction of immigrating is having a required level of language proficiency, primarily in English and secondarily in French.
This language proficiency is required because after immigrating to Canada, you need to speak, write, listen, read and even eat English! Therefore, to be able to fine-tune with Canadian people at both personal and professional sphere, a minimum language skill is expected out of you.
To do away with the required level of language proficiency, a candidate has to appear for an English language test called IELTS. IELTS stands for International English Language Testing Standards. It is premium test examination conducted all over India at a nominal cost and consist of 4 modules namely Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
There are two active categories of IELTS exam. One is Academic and another is general training. For the purpose of Canada Immigration, you have to appear for general training IELTS only. Note that there are other language proficiency tests too but IELTS is the most widely accepted English testing exam. The proficiency test is conducted over 500 centers in 120 countries. IELTS is an acceptable proficiency test not only for Canada but also for countries like Australia, UK and USA, for both work and study purposes.
- Listening: This segment contains 40 questions with the allotted time of 30 minutes and an added extra 10 minutes for transference.
- Reading: This segment also contains 40 questions and examinees are given 60 minutes for completing it.
- Writing: This segment comprises of 2 tasks and examinees are given 60 minutes for completing it.
- Speaking: Comprising of 3 parts, examinees are given 11 to 14 minutes complete this segment.
On Canada’s Point assessment grid, a point score equals to 24 points is given for maximum language proficiency. In IELTS, if one manages to earn CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 10, then a good total CRS score for immigration can be achieved.
To be eligible for Canada PR visa, you must get at least 67 points out of 100 based on your age, education, work experience and language skills. It is glass clear that having a decent IELTS score is imperative if you want success in getting your PR visa. We therefore advise you to take TCWW’s professional IELTS kit to excel in your very first attempt!
The below table will give you division of points for language proficiency factor:
- Permanent Resident Card vs Permanent Resident Status in Canada
- What is Birthright Citizenship offered by Canada?
- What is Canada’s Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program?
- Canada PNP Visa without Job Offer 2018
- Canada Experience Class
- Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program Points Requirements 2018
- How To Get Job offer In Canada from India 2018
- What is the Minimum IELTS Score required for Canada Immigration 2018?
- Canada Provincial Nomination Program
- Canada Express Entry Program
- Canada PR Visa Benefits 2018
- Nova Scotia PNP Occupation List 2018
- Ontario PNP Occupation List 2018
- Saskatchewan PNP occupation List 2018
- British Columbia Immigration PNP Points Calculator 2018
- Alberta Immigration PNP Points Calculator 2018
- Nova Scotia PNP Immigration Point Calculator 2018
- Ontario Immigration PNP Point Calculator 2018
- Manitoba PNP Immigration Point Calculator System 2018
- Saskatchewan Immigration Points Calculator 2018
- British Columbia PNP Occupation in-demand List 2018
- Alberta PNP Occupation in-demand List 2018
- Manitoba PNP Occupation in-demand list 2018
- Canada Immigration from India
- Canada Permanent Residence Visa Fee Structure in India National Rupee (INR)
- 67 Points Immigration To Canada
- Canada Permanent Resident Visa Process 2018
- British Columbia PNP Eligibility Requirements 2018
- Nova Scotia PNP Requirements 2018
- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program 2018 Requirements
- Manitoba PNP Program Requirements 2018
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program
- Best Immigration Consultants in Pune for Canada PR
- Best Canadian Immigration Consultant in Hyderabad
- Best Canadian Immigration Consultants in Ahmedabad
- ICCRC Immigration Consultants in India
- Best Immigration Consultants in Mumbai for Canada PR
- Best Immigration Consultants in Bangalore for Canada PR
- Best ICCRC Registered Immigration Consultants in Delhi
- How to apply for Alberta PNP Immigration 2018?
- Best Immigration Consultants in Delhi for Canada PR
- Temporary Resident Visa
- Study Permits
- Permanent Residency Express Entry
Points per ability
|7||6.0||6.0 – 7.0||6.0||6.0||4|
|10 and above||7.5 – 9.0||8.5 – 9.0||8.0 – 9.0||7.5 – 9.0||6|
Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
Without an accompanying spouse (maximum points available: 136)
|For each language ability||34 points|
|CLB 3 or lower||0|
|CLB 10 or higher||34|
Willing to set up your new home in Canada? Transform your life now! Process your visa application and fly to Canada in less than 8 months with TCWW. Why us? TCWW is a professional ICCRC-accredited Canada immigration consultancy headquartered in Ontario. We have over 8 years of working experience and have placed more than 6000 applicants in this time span. The leading ground behind our success is the professional Canada immigration experts we employ. Further, they are led by Ms. Rachal Sidhu who is an ICCRC accredited lawyer with many years of industry experience and complete knowledge of Canada immigration laws.