Migrate to Canada under Express Entry Program
Canada- the maple leaf country- is an excellent economy offering great opportunities to skilled individuals. Canada offers you a great environment to flourish in both professional and personal sphere. To permanently immigrate to Canada, the Canadian government has one federal system called Express Entry System.
Express Entry Program took birth in the year 2015. The program was introduced by Canada so that a more systematic way of immigration could be worked upon. Before introduction of the Express Entry System, there used to be delayed visas, more processing time and first-come-first-served basis of selection. However, with the popular move of bringing Express Entry into picture, processing time has been cut down to 6-8 months. Moreover, candidates are now selected on the basis of a point system rather than on first-come-first-served basis.
The point system of Express Entry considers an individual’s personal credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience and English language skills and thereon calculates score of that individual. Based on this score, chances of an individual’s selection is determined.
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
3. Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- While FSWP is for skilled individuals with relevant level of education and experience, FSTP is for semi-skilled/ unskilled people who are willing to take up trade Jobs in Canada.
- CEC on the other side is for those skilled individuals who are having a prior experience in Canada on any temporary visa type (study visa, work permit, etc.)
To apply for Canada Permanent Residence Visa, you need to evaluate your eligibility for the Express Entry System. Firstly, establish which program is suitable for you (FSWP, FSTP, CEC) Then check the eligibility requirement laid down by that program. In case of professional guidance in this regard, You can get in touch with our Immigration Experts at 011-4004 0850 / 011-4039 1555 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: Must not be more than 47 years
- Educational Qualification: Must not be less than 3 years (say Bachelors’) from a recognised university/ institution
- Work experience: Must not be less than 12 months in any skilled occupation listed in the occupation list of Canada
- Language ability: Must not be less than 7 bands in each module of general training IELTS examination
These factors are deciding factors whether or not you are eligible to apply for Canada Permanent Residence Visa.
Before filing your Express Entry Profile, you must arrange for some documents in advance. During the processing of your Canada Permanent Residence Visa or after receiving Invitation To Apply, following documents are required to be submitted to immigration authority of Canada:
- IELTS result sheet
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report by relevant authorised body
- Medical test report by authorised panel of physicians’
- Character certification
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from home country or any other country where you have lived for a period exceeding 6 months
- Job offer letter from Canada (if any)
- Provincial Nomination Certificate (if any)
- Educational qualification proof- degree(s), marksheet(s), etc.
- Work experience/ Job training certification on Company’s letterhead
- Age proof such as Birth Certificate
- Intro pages of Passport(s)
- Other documents as and when required by the authorities
Get in touch with TCWW and know your eligibility for each of the above mentioned programs. Ring at 011 4004 0850 (NP) / 011-4039 1555 (CP) or write to us at email@example.com
The below mentioned steps will give you an overview on how to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express Entry:
Step 1: Get your ECA done
ECA stands for Educational Credential Assessment. The purpose of getting ECA done is to know your education’s equivalency to that with Canadian standards. There are different assessing bodies in Canada which assesses your educational degrees depending on the field of study. The most common and popular assessing body is WES (World Education Service).
Step 2: IELTS language examination
IELTS (International English Language Testing Standards) is a language proficiency test. Canadian authorities mandatorily require a language test to know your English language ability w.r.t Speaking, Writing, Reading & Listening. Make sure you score more than CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 8 to be eligible for the next step.
To excel in your IELTS, get professional assistance and study material kit from Talent Connected World Wide.
Step 3: Submit Express Entry Application
Filling Express Entry application is an online process. You can file your Express Entry under any of these three streams- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
As explained above, FSWP is a stream for highly skilled professionals whereas FSTP is for trade personnel (semi-skilled/unskilled labourers). CEC stream is for those candidates who are having a prior experience in Canada or with Canadian firm operating inside Canada.
Step 4: Calculate CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score)
A CRS score intakes your credentials such as age, educational qualification, work experience, English French language ability, etc. and gives out points accordingly. Maximum points you can earn on your credentials are:
- Language Skills – 28 points maximum
- Educational Qualification – 25 points maximum
- Work Experience – 15 points maximum
- Arranged Employment – 10 points maximum
- Adaptability – 10 points maximum
You can calculate your score here
To be eligible to get invite from immigration authority of Canada, you need to score minimum of 67 points out of 100.
Step 5: Apply for Provincial Nomination (Optional)
You can apply for a Provincial Nomination Program if you are willing to reside and work in a particular province of Canada. If you manage to get a nomination, then extra CRS of 600 points will be awarded to you. Consequently, your chances of selection for Canada Permanent Residence visa/ selection from the Express Entry pool increases.
Step 6: Wait for Express Entry Draw
After submitting your Express Entry Profile, you will reach the Express Entry pool. The pool consists of all other applicants like you who aspire to get a PR visa to Canada. CIC conducts regular draws (every fortnight) and invites applicants from the pool with highest scores. The cut-off is pre-decided by the authority. You can check latest Express Entry Draws here
Step 7: Receive Invitation To Apply (ITA)
After being selected from the pool, CIC will issue you an Invitation To Apply (ITA). ITA is a key to the final door of Canada PR visa! Within 60 days post receiving ITA, comply with documentation and get your Permanent Residence Visa to Canada!
TCWW is a professional ICCRC-accredited Canada immigration consultants headquartered in Ontario. We have over 7 years of working experience and have placed more than 6000 applicants in this time span.
The foremost reason behind our success is the professional Canada immigration experts we employ. Further, they are led by Ms. Rachal Sidhu who is an ICCRC accredited lawyer with many years of industry experience and complete knowledge of Canada immigration laws.
For more information regarding Canada immigration, the process involved and eligibility criteria in detail, get in touch with our Immigration Experts and get a FREE Counselling session. Ring at for 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) Toll Free: 18001218299 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.