Australia Skilled Independent Visa 189 Sub class
Australia Permanent Resident Visa sub-class 189 (also known as Skilled Independent Visa 189) is the most popular sub-class for PR visa presently. This sub-class is based on a point system which allots a particular score based on one’s earned level of education & experience, language skills as well as age at the time of applying.
The above mentioned four factors hold utter importance. This is because a point score is derived from proficiency of an individual’s age, education, experience and language skills. More proficient your score is, more are the chances of grant of Australia Permanent Resident Visa 189 thereafter. The candidate has to have minimum of 65 points to be eligible to apply for Permanent Resident Visa to Australia. The said 65 points are minimum eligibility score without which you stand ineligible for applying to visa 189.
To put in nutshell, a good immigration score is vital before you move on to the next step i.e., filing EOI (Expression Of Interest). This score is an ultimate ticket to move permanently to the super continent called Australia!
Australia Skilled Visa 189 minimum requirements:
As mentioned above, Australia Permanent Residence Visa under sub-class 189 considers the following factors to allot points:
- Age of the individual: At the time of applying must not be above 45 years
- Educational qualification of the individual (or partner): At the time of applying must be having at least 3 years of educational qualification/ degree
- Total Work experience of the individual (or partner): At the time of applying must be having at least 2 years of skilled work experience in a profile which is in demand in Australia
- English language ability (IELTS score) of the individual (or partner): At the time of applying must be having basic English language ability equals 7 bands in each module of IELTS
- Age factor: 30 points
- Educational Qualification: 20 points
- Language ability skills: 20 points
- Work experience: 20 points
- Other factors (such as partner’s skills or Australian education): 5 points
The minimum required point score is 65 points out of 100. You can calculate your score here
If your score is already 65 points, you can get in touch with us at 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with your Australia Permanent Resident Visa process. Note that having 65 points makes you eligible to file EOI (Expression of Interest) to Australian authorities but does not ‘guarantee’ your selection for Permanent residency. Australian government shortlist and sends ITA (Invitation To Apply) to individuals with an impeccable high score.
If your score is below 65 then you can boost your score now! There are many options of improving low Australia immigration score for the better chances of receiving ITA (Invitation To Apply) from the Australian government. You can re-give your IELTS exam and score better or else you can consider your spouse’s skills and language abilities to get an extra edge of score.
There are other factors too that are considered before allotting you a Permanent Resident Visa. These include getting health certifications for you as well as each accompanying member of your family. There is also Character Certification and as PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) requirements that have to be complied with.
To get a professional assistance in this regard, get in touch with our Immigration Experts and get a FREE Counselling session. Ring at 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) or write to us at email@example.com
Australia PR visa 189 sub-class process and processing time
Australia 189 PR visa is a sub-class for skilled independent workers who are having appropriate age, educational qualification, work experience and English language skills. A Permanent Resident Visa through 189 sub-class need not require any nomination from state or relative and allows you to reside & work in the country for a period of 5 years.
This sub-class requires 7 months’ time period to process your application through the following steps:
Step 1: Your initial step should be a thorough check on Australia’s SOL (Skilled Occupation List). Australia’s Skilled Occupation List has all those occupations listed which are facing workforce shortages and workers from overseas are required to meet these shortages. To be eligible to immigrate to Australia, presence of your Job Profile is SOL is a mandatory.
Australia’s latest Skilled Occupation List (SOL) 2018
Step 2: After making sure that your Job profile is listed in SOL, you now ought to calculate your immigration score (Skill Assessment). Your Skill assessment score determines your odds & possibilities to receive Invitation To Apply (ITA) from the immigration authority of Australia. Following are the factors on which you earn points:
- Present Age
- Educational Qualification
- Work experience
- Language proficiency
- Other factors such as Spouse’s skills, Australian education, etc.
A minimum of 65 points is necessary to be eligible for the process.
Calculate your Immigration score here
Step 3: A linear check on the below mentioned factors is recommended by us-
- Candidate must be of a sound mind and healthy body
- He/she must meet all the character requirements i.e., of a morally good character
- He/she must not be having any kind of liability/ debt towards the government of Australia
- He/she must not be involved in any kind of illegal activity in his/her home country
- He/she must be willing to support Australian Values Statement
Step 4: At this stage, you are safe to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. The SkillSelect program will ask you a number of questions related to your background, skills, and relevant work history. This information will then be reviewed by the Australian authorities as well as by Australian employers who may be looking for someone with similar skill-set to hire. It takes up to 15 days to get results of your submitted EOI (Expression of Interest).
Step 5: The final step is to patiently wait for DIBP to send you an Invitation To Apply (ITA).
Cost involved in applying for Australian Permanent Resident Visa 189 sub-class
While planning to permanently move overseas, one question that often perturbs a person is the amount of fund required for the process. The good news is- it is really affordable to move to a promising country like Australia!
Australian Permanent Residence Visa 189 is an economical way to permanently emigrate overseas. Following is the cost chart involved in the process for Australia Permanent Residence Visa sub class 189:
- Assessment fee: 500$-800$ (varies with the assessment body)
- IELTS test fee: 12000 INR
- Permanent Residence fee (called PR fee)- Primary Applicant: $3600, Secondary Applicant: $1800 & Child Applicant: $900
- Visa label fee: $70
- Medical fee: 5000 – 9000 INR
These costs are in accordance with the current cost chart given by Australian immigration authorities. Any change anytime by the Australian Immigration as per the policies and regulations by the government can come in existence.
Benefits of Australian Permanent Resident Visa
The status of Australian Permanent Resident Visa comes with a bundle of perks! After gaining the PR status, you can liberally enjoy these rights and benefits:
- Right to be a legal civilian of the country
- Right to gain education/ study anywhere in the country
- Right to gain employment/work anywhere in the country
- Right to leave and re-enter to the country
- Right to have access to health facilities & schemes available to general public
- Right to apply for Citizenship after spending 3 consecutive years in the country
- Right to live, study and work in New Zealand
- Right to sponsor your relatives & friends in the country
Thus, a Permanent Resident Visa gives you a legal entitlement of a resident of the country.
Realise your Australia Immigration Dream!- Contact Us
Talent Connected Worldwide has been working in the immigration industry since 2010. Our success rate speaks for our dedication and honest dealings with our valuable clientele. Our team of experts are trained to deliver you the best.
For more information regarding Australia immigration, the process involved and eligibility criteria in detail, get in touch with our Immigration Experts and get a FREE Counselling session. Ring at for 011-40391555 (CP) / 011-40040850 (NP) Toll Free: 18001218299